Summary of the Role’s Main Purpose:
Delivers great service to our stores through managing a team within the transport or warehouse function within legal and budgetary requirements. Responsible for creating a team where colleagues love to work.
- Operates within legislation, policy and process in all matters relating to safety, health and environment ensuring risks are minimised.
- Delivers continued and sustained KPI performance, understanding the business/cost implications of decisions made.
- Delivers effective people management processes and continuous development of their teams through ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Role models JS values to drive engagement within the warehouse department.
- Supports site specific projects as directed by their Shift manager.
- Ensures their team is organised effectively on a daily basis to meet customer requirements.
- Coaches their team to support delivery of site people plan and in doing so ensures future fit skill availability.
- Works collaboratively with other colleagues in the department to deliver results.
- Can identify opportunities to improve and identify action to deliver the benefit.
- Supports project work or a lead focus area, as required.
Measures of Success
- Delivery of defined KPIs for the department.
- Universal engagement index.
- Team development through delivery of the Site People Plan.
- Audit compliance at all levels.
- Deputises for Shift Manager without disruption to service.
- Safety, health and environment standards and process.
- Colleague pay accuracy
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Great coaching skills
- Results orientated
- Team leadership and colleague engagement skills
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to work in a unionised environment
- Previous distribution experience